Event Marketing is an ever-evolving field, and what works today may not work tomorrow. That is why it is important to keep your finger on the pulse of the latest trends. Let us try and get a clear understanding of event marketing and its importance in the real business world. Then we dive deeper into the event marketing trends in Post-COVID era.
Event Marketing and Benefits
Event marketing is an important marketing channel for businesses of all sizes. When you are looking to build a brand presence, generate leads, create new opportunities, or simply increase engagement with your customers, event marketing is a great option.
It can be a great addition to your overall marketing strategy. It is important to weigh the benefits and determine if it is the right fit for your business.
1. It allows you to reach a large audience in a short amount of time.
2. You can generate leads and build relationships with potential customers.
3. It’s a great way to promote new products or services.
4. You can increase customer engagement and loyalty.
5. It’s a great way to build connections with industry leaders and influencers.
Event marketing can be a challenging and daunting task, but the rewards are well worth the effort. By participating in events and exhibitions, you can put your business in front of potential customers and partners. But, it’s not as simple as just showing up you need a marketing team and a strong plan that can help you to execute your participation in a way that will get the most bang for your buck. So, don’t go it alone- Read our trends guide for event and exhibition marketing management!
The key event marketing trends in 2022
In 2021, the global B2B trade show market revenue was valued at 64 billion U.S. dollars, and by 2022, this figure is expected to surpass 50 billion dollars.
To stand out – You need to stay updated. Period. Are you looking to take your exhibition or trade show marketing to the next level? If so, then you’ll need to stay up-to-date on the latest trends.
As the world increasingly moves online, event and exhibition marketing must follow suit to stay relevant. By making a strategic shift to online marketing, you can tap into a larger potential audience.
To make a successful transition, you need to start with a well-crafted campaign. This means identifying your target audience and creating high-quality content that will resonate with them. Once you have that in place, you can start promoting your event or exhibition on your website, through social media campaigns, and by emailing invitations.
By moving your event or exhibition marketing online, you can reach a wider audience and stay relevant in an ever-changing world.
Relevant Content Strategy
The online world revolves around their KING – Content. So, before you proceed further and produce high-quality content, you need to identify your target audience.
- What kind of events and exhibitions are they interested in?
- What social media platforms do they use?
- How much time do they spend on each platform?
- What type of content do they interact with?
Once you have a good understanding of your target audience, look for data-driven, in-depth, analytical, long-form content – this is the type of content that is most likely to resonate with your target audience and will give you better returns on your content marketing’s efforts.
Live streaming is a great way to give people a taste of what your event is all about. You can also use it to generate buzz and excitement leading up to the event. Plus, it’s a great way to connect with people who can’t make it to your event in person.
If you consider using live streaming for your event, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Choose the right platform – There are a number of different live streaming platforms to choose from like YouTube, Facebook Live, and Instagram Live make it easy to reach a global audience. Consider which one will work best for your audience and your event.
- Promote your live stream – Let people know that you’ll be live streaming your event so they can tune in. Use social media, email, and other marketing channels to spread the word.
- Engage with your audience – Live streaming is a two-way street therefore, be sure to interact with your audience throughout the event. Answer questions, take requests, and get people involved.
- Save your live stream – After your event, be sure to save your live stream so you can share it with people who couldn’t tune in live. You can also use it for future marketing efforts.
Email marketing can be a great way to reach potential attendees for your upcoming events and exhibitions. Send out email blasts with information about the exhibition, as well as special offers or discount codes. You can also use email marketing to keep potential attendees updated on any changes or updates to the event.
By incorporating co-creation into your event planning, you can ensure a successful and memorable experience for all involved. When it comes to events and exhibitions, co-creation is key to success because it helps to bridge the gap between marketing and engagement. Co-creation is the number one driver of satisfaction and a motivator for attendees to create content and participate in events.
One great way to engage your audience is through creative interaction. People love participating in activities, therefore incorporate interactive elements into your event. Ideas include quizzes, polls, and contests. In addition, use interactive content to generate leads or capture data.
Bonus Trend Tip: Chatbots/ Automated Messaging
With instant messaging, you can quickly and easily communicate with colleagues, clients, and vendors without any hesitation.
FB Messenger and LinkedIn marketing messages are best because their open rates are reported to be higher than emails. The results are not surprising as most users of these apps keep push notifications turned on.
Using Automated Instant Messaging or Chatbots (a more popular word) is a smooth tool for communication and in addition, it will help get the most out of your events and exhibitions.
So these are the trends which you must look into while shaping your event marketing strategies. Hope these tips help to suggest how to rethink your approach and revamp your offline and online marketing.
We at Meyvn World provide a no-obligation consultation session for your event and exhibition marketing. Get in touch with us for an effective strategy for your events and exhibition marketing right away!